Jun 17, 2012

Daddy




I had a hard time with my ears growing up. So much so, that I had to have tubes put in twice. One of my first memories (ever) is sitting in a hospital waiting room with my parents, waiting to have my set of tubes put in. My dad, being wrapped tightly around his only daughter's finger, kept asking what I wanted from the gift shop. "Bawoooon! Bawooon!" Mom tells me that I was obsessed with the gift shop balloons. The rest of the story is a bit fuzzy to me. One, because I was drugged, and two, because I was a toddler. Apparently, once my dad was in the gift shop, he spotted a bear that he thought I would like better. Of course, once I spotted the bear (in a post-surgery haze), I completely forgot about my "bawoon." And to thank my sweet daddy for my gift, I promptly threw up all over him and Fluffy.

While I'm old (ha) and married now, Fluffy still sleeps next to my bed every night. And in my bed any time Hubster is gone... ;)  *Don't worry, loves. He's been washed several times*

Daddy- I know I'm not the best at showing my thanks (throw up, teenage tantrums, debit charges for ice cream during college finals, etc.), but please know that I am so very grateful for you. Thank you for being my first best friend and loving me unconditionally. I wholeheartedly believe that I ended up with such an amazing husband because of the example you set for me. 

No comments: