Nov 4, 2011

The One Where I Met Ben Folds

It's true. I met the man who rocks the suburbs.
The night before his show with the OKC Philharmonic Orchestra, Ben Folds put on a Master Class for a local university's contemporary music program. 
It. Was. Perfect.
He's a hilarious man with a dirty mouth full of fantastic stories. 
(He even made a "that's what she said" joke. Come on--it doesn't get much better than that.)
I can't decide if his talent, intelligence, or humility impressed me most.
AND THE BEST PART?
I got to tell him that my dad and I danced to "Gracie" at my wedding. 
Seriously- one of my favorite moments of my favorite day involved this man's musical brilliance
and I got to tell him "thank you." 

Awesome. 

Like I said, he's hilarious.

He's not smoking- just holding the mic. :)

There he is, signing my... planner. Yep- I'm that cool. 

I have every intention of framing this page from my Erin Condren planner.

Have you ever met a celebrity?
Aside from Ben Folds, I've also met Patrick Dempsey, Jason Mraz, Sara Bareilles, and Alan Jackson.
(One of these things is not like the other.)

2 comments:

Fash Boulevard said...

hey love. super glad I came across your blog. totally following. If you get second, I'd love if you'd check out mine. It's all about the adventures of a east coast girl turned LA stylist. thanks, love. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Seriously... two people should not equal unending laundry. It is craziness. You definitely need to meet Skip! He will be at the volleyball games tonight!