Sep 20, 2011

Sick

The sickness returned last night. I say "returned," because I battled this villain three weeks ago. Coughs, sniffles, mucus, fever, the works. I kicked it's tail in two days and felt invincible... until last night. By the time I got home from work, my voice sounded like a cartoon character. However, at that point, my voice was the only thing *off* so I was fairly certain it was just allergies. False. The villain had returned with a vengeance. No voice, snot and mucus everywhere, and running a low grade fever.  I was absolutely miserable when Tim got home from practice (he's directing the band for a freshman show here on campus). Being the sweetheart that he is, he offered to do his homework in bed next to me. The medicine started to kick in after a while, but before I could pass out, Tim put his computer down and read to me from a book on the Psalms. We've been reading through this together for a while now and it is one of my absolute favorite things. Most nights, we take turns reading, but tonight he took the reigns since my voice was no where to be found. Gracious-  being curled up in his *nook* and hearing him read? It's fantastic. I can't imagine a sick day without him now, I'm afraid. Or any day, for that matter. 


I'm a lucky girl. 

No comments: