Mar 8, 2011

Thoughts on Waiting

This is from my trip to OK a few weeks ago
(before I chopped my hair off.)

We are down to double digits for the wedding countdown!
94 days, to be exact.
Our apartment deposit is (hopefully) being put down this week
and we took our "Prepare" test for pre-marital counseling on Monday,
Things are rolling along and
it's been really nice to just sit back and enjoy this time.
Being engaged is pretty great.
I have to remind myself of that.
It's really easy to get frustrated and want things to happen quickly,
but I've found that there's something special about the time spent waiting.
I love the excitement, the anticipation, and the planning.
Yes- it is a pain to be in separate states 75% of the time.
And yes- I hate having  to say "goodnight,"
and go our separate ways even when we are together.
But I have found that it makes the idea of spending the
rest of my nights beside him that more exciting.


So here I am... waiting.
94 more days.

Subbing for 2nd grade tomorrow.
Say a little prayer?
I've found that 8yr olds are tougher than teenagers!


2 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Hope you survive(d) those 8 year olds...and less than 100 days. Wow!

Summer said...

I totally creep your blog too :) We really should get up the nerve to meet each other someday.