Jan 8, 2011

Pay It Forward


I went to bed remarkably early for a Friday night. 
Then, out of no where, the dogs start freaking out around 2:30am.
My brother had made a surprise return home.
There are all sorts of details that aren't mine to tell regarding that situation,
so I simply ask for prayers concerning my brother and his new wife.

That being said, his arrival woke me up 
and unable to go back to sleep,
I got online to check blogs, twitter, etc.
The first thing I saw was a new blog post from a favorite blog of mine.
Summer is an amazing woman who lives in NY with her husband.
They have had a ridiculous amount of trials and pain over the past several months
and her blog has been an amazing display of strength and encouragement. 

Anyways, her late night post was about a neat idea she had seen on another blog.
The blogger simply wrote: 

"I promise to send something handmade
to the first 3 people who leave a comment here.
To be eligible, you must also post this in your blog,
offering the same thing to 3 other people.
The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it
must be sent to your 3 people *sometime* in 2011."

Summer, being the kindhearted woman that she is,
decided to do the same.
I commented, and well, 
here I am.

How could I pass up such a neat and original way to brighten someone's day?
And by someone, I mean you!

I'm jumping on the bandwagon folks.
And if you ask me, 
I think I'm in for a pretty rewarding ride. 

Comment, 
leave your email,
and I will send something homemade your way before 2012. 

5 comments:

Amber said...

I am in!!! amber.grubb@oc.edu

Susan said...

This sounds fun!
ssettle10@gmail.com

Lauren Elise said...

Count me in! What a cool idea!
lcasey@harding.edu

Courtney said...

Cara, I did the same thing on FB! Only two people commented tho-oh well I still think its a great thing to do!

Summer Athena said...

hey beautiful! can you send me your email address? I have a few questions. xo