Dec 29, 2010

Little Moments

I always hated those people who were old enough to go on and on telling "I remember when you..." stories about me. They always made me feel like such a baby, even though most of the time I was only a few years behind them in age. You know what I'm talking about. Obnoxious, right?

I hate to admit it, but I have become one of those people.

My nephew turned seven in October. SEVEN!  And the thing is, I can't wrap my brain around that. I clearly remember the first time I held him. I remember waking up in the middle of the night with him. I remember his first few wobbly steps. I remember visits he made with my parents to OC and then to Harding. I remember when he wasn't too "cool" snuggle with his "Aunt Boo." I remember calling him after his first day of school.

And while it makes me one of those people,  I can't wait to reminisce about this moment with him...

(Puh-lease excuse my nappy hair in this picture.
I couldn't resist posting it.)

1 comment:

Miranda said...

LOVE this pic! And don't worry about feeling old and "reminiscing". He will appreciate that one day! After all, he has one of the best aunts in the world. I hope you're enjoying the holiday season. Love ya girl!