Aug 23, 2010

Coffee and Sunshine

Since Roomie M and I are too cheap to worry about getting internet any time soon, I have been frequenting coffee shops in town to "steal" some. I had every intention of getting a cup of coffee, checking my mail, and then using the internet to nail down a rough draft of my guest list for the wedding.

I'm half a cup in and have yet to even think of my guest list until, well, now.

Hi, my name is Cara and I'm a blog stalker.

Amidst (is that even a word? it sounds right!) my blog reading, I remembered, "Hey- now that I have wedding to plan, I ALWAYS have something to blog about!" This is not completely true, but I figured I'd go ahead and fill you in on what I do know so far.

Date: June 11, 2011
Place: Mesquite, TX
Colors: Grey, white, and yellow (grey outfits for bridal party, white table linens, etc, and pops of yellow everywhere)
Time: Evening
Bridal Party: 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, 4 honorary bridesmaids, 4 ushers, 1 flower girl, and 1 ring bearer. (I still have a few people to inform... hehe- that's been my favorite part next to showing off my bling!)

We will be having a dessert bar, cake, cupcakes, and dancing following the ceremony. The ceremony will be outside, with dancing on the deck, and food, restrooms, etc inside the house.

I have no idea where we will be honeymooning or anything like that, but thanks to my amazing venue and wedding coordinator, I already have a TON of stuff arranged.

ceremony/reception location...check
flowers...check
officiant...check
food...check
beverages...check
dj...check
decoration...check

Considering that I still have 9 months until the big day, I'm feeling pretty at ease about wedding details.

The only thing pressing right now is nailing down the guest list. Since our venue is kind of small, we can only invite around 150 people. Luckily, Tim and I have a TON of mutual friends. :)

I am loving every bit of being engaged (minus living 400+ miles from my fiance). Since he proposed over the summer, I am just now seeing some of my close friends. I'm still getting used to people grabbing my left hand and asking about the proposal, the ring, the wedding, and everything else Tim&Cara related.

That's about it for now. Have an amazing Monday, loves.


ps- Did I mention that I bought a dress? :D

6 comments:

Laura McDaniel said...

Great colors!! Those were mine :) I have tons of yellow paper lanterns if you decide to go that route. :) good luck planning! It's so much fun and the actual day goes by so fast you need to enjoy the process.

Meagan and David said...

I love your colors so much. It will be so perfect.

Amber said...

I am so excited for you. I love you beautiful. Please call me, I am dying to hear more!

Shelley said...

Hey, don't forget all our tons of family members:
Donna and David Lusk
Tom & Jeannie Wolfe
Frances Lusk
Raley & Mike Pribble
Kyle & Amie Pribble
Kris & Ashley Pribble,

I could go on but Tim can give you all of these, I am sure!

Courtney said...

a dress! hmmm, i will try and wait until november when i come to HU to beg for details ab it! im so happy for you, that you are happy and that everything wedding is going so smoothly! i pray that school is going just as well!

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

it is an exciting time :) CONGRATS! &enjoy every last second of it!