Jun 3, 2010

I can tell it's gonna be a good day...

Please tell me you've heard of Priscilla Ahn. If you haven't, pretty please for your own sake, get on iTunes and buy her album, "A Good Day." It. Is. FANTASTIC.

I say that mainly because her song, "A Good Day (Morning Song)" has been in my head since I woke up. And appropriately so, it has been such a good day. 

There's nothing like waking up feeling completely ready to conquer whatever life throws at you. Sawyer slept way past his typical time (5am! Bah!) and I was more than thankful. We still managed to get up and out of bed by about 8:30. If you know me at all, you can appreciate the significance of me being awake before noon during the summer.

Since I was WIDE awake and feeling pretty fantastic, I decided to take the dogs for a little jog. This was the second time I've taken them at the same time. At first the idea terrified me. Trying to keep up with both of them and not lose a dog in the process = seemingly impossible. However, on a whim, I took them both last night and they did SUCH a good job. They did even better this morning with a quicker pace. 
I love that it they're looking at each other. Layla HATED Sawyer at first. My guess is that they'll be inseparable by the time I get home on Tuesday.

That's right- Tuesday. I am leaving for Oklahoma City this afternoon and staying for five days. My main purpose is to attend my dear friends Meagan and David's wedding tomorrow night, but I decided to make the most of it and stay until Tuesday- soaking up time with Tim and my other rockin' friends up there. 

Side note: If you are in OKC, I would LOVE to see you. :D

I'll post pictures from the "date" I went on with my nephew earlier in the week eventually. It was a blast. That kid is precious and I love spending time with him. 

For now, I'm off to the merry, old land of OZ, Oklahoma. 

Happy Thursday, 

3 comments:

Susan said...

I listened to some Priscilla Ahn yesterday! I love her. Also, I will be at the wedding sooo let's see each other, k? ok!

Trey said...

Coffee when you get here, call me!

I am Angela. said...

Just because you mentioned it, I remembered her and downloaded the whole C.D.