May 30, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

The past two days have been a whirlwind. Yesterday morning, I got a call from a family in OKC interested in meeting with me about a nanny position. I was thrilled. Within five minutes of the phone call, my resume was emailed and my plans were made. I decided to head to OKC on Friday night, spend some much needed time with Tim, and then interview on Saturday.  My whole outlook on this summer had changed in a just a few minutes. Before the call on Thursday, I had been consistently praying for God to help me see His will and to follow it- even if that meant being home for the summer. But then I got the call and like a complete yuppy, assumed this was God's answer. 

I was wrong. 

To make a long story short, I got a second phone call on Saturday morning from the family I was supposed to interview with. They called while I was still asleep, so I woke up to a voicemail informing me that they had decided to "go in a different direction regarding childcare" and that they would no longer be meeting with me. 

So, there's that. I have to keep telling myself that God's timing is HIS timing and that I need to be patient, but this string of disappointment makes patience seem unattainable. 

Also- today marks 7 years since my best friend, Rachel, was killed.  If you get a chance, say a little prayer for her family and friends that are still dealing with the pain that accompanies that type of loss. One day I hope to blog about the amazing person she was. My life was changed for the better having known her. 


Sorry for such a whiny/depressing post. Just had to get that all off my chest. 

Disappointed, but confident that rain brings new life, 


3 comments:

Susie said...

Please google amino acids, depression, and anxiety. Also Dr. Daniel Amen, "Change Your Brain Change Your Life".....HUGE!!
Big natural therapy that corrects the problem not masks it :0) God Bless!

Mountain Mama said...

Aw Cara, so sorry this one didn't work out. Hey, maybe you should come visit us for a day or two sometime this summer! And if you'd watch my kiddos for a few hours one day, I'd pay ya! *wink wink*

Hang in there! And your hopeful outlook amidst the dissappointment...that's great right there.

Susie said...

I just "happened" onto this awesome Christian site, which I WISH I had gone on before I was mutilated on another. It was the Military Wives Unleashed, anyhow, long story, but I needed major stitches and a whole lot of love from my family after that. I still tear up.
Give your MOM & DAD a hug for now and if you can truly take the time to reminiscense a bit. Get out the photo albums and family movies, some popcorn, and just enjoy "now". I'm advising everything that I should have done and sometimes did take the time to do and still need to do :) My whole life I've been so much in a hurry that I need to SIT. I LOVE my Mom & Dad and they have been there when absolutely no one else was, except God:)
email me at cushytoosh@yahoo.com We are a very busy family with some very "on the verge" successful products, always a day late and a dollar short, forever dreaming of organization :)
Smile and give yourself a hug:)What kind of puppy is your puppy?