Dec 2, 2009

Beloved...

What a dreary, rainy day! I was completely unprepared and ended up choosing the worst shoe/jean combination for the downpour outside. And the combination of cold wind, horrible Harding sidewalks, and a faulty (yet adorable) umbrella made for a very uncomfortable day. Actually, the discomfort was mainly the soreness from ensemble auditions/callbacks. My whole body aches. I have yet to decide if sitting, standing, or walking is more comfortable. Unfortunately, all three options aren't pleasant experiences. The pain is totally worth it though. And, if anything, it's a subtle reminder that I need to start working out again.

Case in point: This was my lunch today...



Chikfila nuggets, Salt&Vinegar chips, a cookie, and green tea... Really, Cara? Really? I am ashamed. Oh, well. My tummy was happy. And a happy tummy means a happy... um... yea, I got nothing. Another subtle reminder, I suppose.

Random Cara fact: I recently noticed that I have a tendency to try and keep the things I love the most closest to me.

How so? Take a look at my night stand:



Coffee maker, a note from a good friend, Camelback water bottle, lavender candle and bed spray, "happy" meds (or so my father calls them), a mug of hot Dr. Pepper, my iPod, and a picture of me and the boy who, for some reason beyond my understanding, loves me-- just little reminders that life is good, I guess.

I'll leave you with lyrics to the song currently playing on my iPod. Pretty powerful stuff, I'd say.

Beloved, Derek Webb

beloved, these are dangerous times
because you are weightless, like a leaf from a vine
and the wind has blown you all over town
because there is nothing holding you to the ground
so now you would rather be a slave again than free from the law
beloved, listen to me
don't believe all that you see
and don't you ever let anyone tell you
that there's anything that you need
but me
beloved, these are perilous days
when your culture is so set in it's ways
that you would listen to salesmen and thieves
preaching other the truth you received
because they are telling lies
for they cannot circumcise your heart
beloved, listen to me
don't believe all that you see
and don't you ever let anyone tell you
that there's anything that you need
but me
beloved, there is nothing more
no more blessing
no more reward
than the treasure of my body and blood
given freely to all daughters and sons
beloved, listen to me
don't believe all that you see
and don't you ever let anyone tell you
that there's anything that you need
but me

loved and blessed immensely by a jealous God,
Cara Linn

No comments: