Sep 28, 2009

A Part of That

Thanks to some encouragement and persuasion from my dear friends, I finally mustered up the courage to audition for Spring Sing Hostess last night. And, lo and behold, I made call backs. I can't quite wrap my brain around it. Part of me is freaking out. Another part is swelling with a type of confidence I've never experienced before. I keep telling myself "Not my will. Not my will." Truth be told, I want it. I would love to be hostess. Standing on a stage in front of LITERALLY thousands of people doing the thing I love most? Check, please! I've wanted this kind of spotlight since I was four and singing for my family from the fireplace. However, I've gotten so used to being back up, that I don't really know how to feel about wanting this type of thing. I think I'd convinced myself that while I was talented, I was never that talented. We will see. At this point I'm completely honored to even have made it this far. Call backs are tonight @ 7:30. Whew. Nothing to lose, I suppose.

No comments: